This Burgundian domaine has been a family estate for nearly 200 years. Erwan Faiveley, 7th generation, took the reins in 2006 from his father when he was only 25. They have earned their reputation as one of Burgundy’s finest and most trusted, with an unparalleled selection from the Côte de Nuits, Côte de Beaune and Côte Chalonnaise totalling over 120 hectares.
The monks of Cîteaux, on their arrival, decided to create this clos. The last acquisition dates back to 1336. It took them more than two centuries to make the clos as we know it. The demarcation of the clos only comes from the 14th century and the surrounding wall was probably built in the 15th century.
Total surface area: 50ha 11a
Exposition: East, South-East
Domaine Faiveley surface area: 1ha 28a (3,18 acres)
Years the vines were planted: 1940, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1980, 1981
Average annual production: 5,900 bottles