This Burgundian domaine has been a family estate for nearly 200 years. Erwan Faiveley, 7th generation, took the reins in 2006 from his father when he was only 25. They have earned their reputation as one of Burgundy’s finest and most trusted, with an unparalleled selection from the Côte de Nuits, Côte de Beaune and Côte Chalonnaise totalling over 120 hectares.
The Clos des Cortons Faiveley is the only Grand Cru to bear the name of its owner. After a long legal battle, led by Georges Faiveley, this appellation was confirmed by the Court of Appeal in 1937.
Total Surface Area: 3ha 01a
Exposition: East, South-East
Soil: Ferruginous Oolites and Marls
Domaine Faiveley surface area: 3ha 01a – (7.44 acres)
Years the vines were planted: 1936, 1956, 1965, 1967, 1971, 1977, 1980, 1981, 1987, 2002
Average annual production: 15,800 bottles